#46 Device’s Most Common Problems (2015)
Reasons Device could be faulty
GPS repeating too quickly
Faulty sim card, Contract, not depinned
Phone the device. Answer means there is power and there is signal. The sim is working.
1. Reboot the device via SMS
2. Check the data.
3. Ask Cale to send server settings.
4. Hard reboot device.
5. Still not working? Double check signal quality, Double check GPS interval, consider replacing sim card, consider replacing antennas.
No answer means the sim card is either Faulty, the device is in a bad signal area, the device is off, the device is cross border, there is no sim in the device. Ask Cale to send server settings. Phone the client to find out if the vehicle is driving.
1. No power, no 3G, no sim?
2. Is the device under a building or in a bad signal area?
3. Is the vehicles battery flat? Is the device disconnected from the battery?
4. Is the fuse blown?
5. Do the antennas need to be replaced?
6. Replace entire device.
**LOG AND SEND THE NUMBERS OT THE VEHICLES THAT COME ONLINE AFTER THE REBOOT T0 CALE
**CHECK IF THE VEHICLE IS NOT IN A BUILDING WHEN BUSY WITH OFFLINES
Hard Drive and SD Errors
Device will have no recordings for days when the vehicle was off.
Device will have no recordings if the HDD is problematic.
If there is old firmware send cale a request to update it.
If there is no snapshot plan send a request to Russell.
The SD card mirrors the HD drive.
If the problem persists at this point inform Cale.
1. Reboot device
2. Check the firmware
3. Check the recording status
4. Check that the recording plan is set up.
If you still can’t get recordings it could be because of the following:
HDD has faulty sectors on the disk.
Faulty HDD circuit board or disk motor failure.
Double check recording plan not setup in settings, check recording plan. Reboot the device, check the firmware if it’s not the latest request an update from cale, disk check error, if the problem persists after this then request assistance from Paul.
Make sure you keep a list of the HDD/SD errors reported on the drives. Try to write down as many useful facts as possible.
WHATS THE FIRMWARE & BIOS?
IS THE SD/HDD ON ZERO?
ARE THERE RECORDINGS ON DRIVES?
ARE THE RECORDINGS SMOOTH OR FRAGMENTED?
HOW OLD IS THE HDD? HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN IN THE FIELD?
If no snapshots are picked up for a device……
1) Check data is on device or online status. It will only have snapshots of online
2) Send a reboot message, and wait 60-120mins to check if snapshots appear
3) Check SD1 recording status….. SD1 must be active and there must be recording on SD1. If there is no recording then teh SD card might be faulty
4) At this point, ask Russell to confirm snapshot is configured correctly
5) If SD1 faulty, ask Cale to format SD card.
6) Once formatted, start at 1) again.
7) If no luck, then lodge with Software to investigate further.